You can retrieve most of the textual content of the collection via a series of JSON data files which are automatically rebuilt each time the site is updated.
- entries.json (5.4 MB) contains one object for each illustration — charge, fur, field division, etc — including the name, description, headings, artist and source attributions, and links to the associated SVG and PDF files. (Currently this does not include links to derived images such as PNGs.)
- artists.json (16 KB) contains one object for each artist. Most entries specify which artist they are associated with, typically just one but occasionally several.
- sources.json (83 KB) contains one object for each source. Most entries specify which source they are drawn from, typically just one but occasionally several.
- headings.json (1990 KB) contains objects for the category-style headings used to index entries. Each entry specifies which headings it is associated with, typically just one or two. Sample headings include "Chevron," "Embattled," "Lion," and "Rampant."
- volumes.json (3 KB) contains objects for the volumes the headings are grouped under. Each heading specifies which volume it is associated with. Sample volumes include "Field Divisions," "Ordinaries," "Beasts," and "Clothing."